Quota ♥

There are things we don't want it to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn and people we can't live without but have to let go.

LNL and Memories.


The title says it all. The original post can be found HERE.




"It would have been a pleasant journey."




Time flies. It really does. It's almost a year since I last left home. and it's also close to a year after I left the company. (Well actually... it's just 8 months. Close to 9 months now since I last left the company and close to 8 months I have left home for Tasmania.) But what sparked my memory wasn't the picture I posted above, but a project that I once held dearly.
This project was a project which I took over once I was a permanent staff, after internship, that is. Means I did this project during my internship with this company as well. And I look through the project from where I picked it up. What spark this project out of the blue was because of an assignment that requires detailing and this was the project I thought of. It jumped out from my memory, and I would really love to know what has happened to this project, and see the project, every corner of it.  



The night view.

This photo was sent to me by my client. Personally. And the last words he told me made me proud. Proud to be his Architect. Proud to be my boss's assistant. There might be flaws, but I am happy that my client loves his house in the end. It's just a pity for me that I didn't manage to follow through until the very end. It would have completed my portfolio modestly. No regrets, but I just wish I can see it through. Really.

And from there, it sparks the memories of the people that were in the company, and how we all miss each other very much still, even when most of us has already left. It's not the work, or the company that we miss, but the people and the memories that comes with it.





It would have been 3 years if I were still with the company, but I am now in a far away land furthering my studies. But no matter how far we all are, these people cannot be forgotten that easily. Colleagues like them are so hard to come by, they are friends, not just mere work colleagues. And I hope that we are still as crazy as ever when we are together! May our path cross once again. One day. 

I think the best times were when we were all around. No more, no less. The first team, as per quoted by Fizal. That was the best, I guess. The memories, every single one of them. Comes along with each and everyone. People say don't stick to a company that doesn't pay well, but I  stuck to it for 2 years. Felt like it was just yesterday I was out celebrating, or dining with them. 

What people don't know is that I have learn loads in the 2 years time, although I was reluctant  to jump even though I was getting peanuts. But in the end I knew I had to continue study and I finally call it quits. But it was with a heavy heart that I left the company, knowing that I still have projects I would like to see being completed, that this company taught me more than I can ever have in 2 years.

My experience with this company cannot be bought. You can talk bad about the company for all you want, but I know what it feels like to be working late nights and getting peanuts, what it feels like to not getting benefits. But those are nothing when  this company has helped me grow. The company taught me to showcase myself, to discover my potential. I have truly gain much more than I can ever ask for.


"It's the people that makes the company. 
That makes the time worth while, while working."






Japan Trip, Nov-Dec 2014.







Thailand Trip, Dec 2013.

It was the people as well, that made a huge difference being in this company. It was them, each of them that made the entire working days feel less stressed. It was always fun with them to talk to, not just about work but about other crazy stuff in life!

It was them friends, not just mere colleagues, yet a little less than a family, that makes things worth while. Though we may complain about everything, from work to the company to life and what nots, but that's just how we humans are. We are never satisfied, are we?

The company trips we made  -  Thailand and Japan.

The fun dinner nights we had  -  Steamboat and BBQs and what nots.

The outings we had  -  I missed a few.

And not missing out the interns that we have throughout the years.

But they were all what brings us closer. It wasn't just work, it was our laughter, our sarcasm, our craziness that bought us together. 



Talking to them, just chatting up on how everyone is, not only asking about the company, always brings back memories. Sad as they seem, we still tend to miss what was the beginning.

Talking to those who have left, they would say they miss everyone. Not the company honestly, but the people. It's what we all have in common. The friends that we made, and the memories that comes with it.

It was really, with a heavy heart, to leave the company, especially when you have already developed a bond with all of them! Especially working side by side with my boss was a major plus point for me! So much to learn still!




Now that everyone has gone their separate ways, I wonder will there be a time in space, that will allow us to gather once more? Maybe without me I supposed, maybe with me, I hope. One day there will be.


Not the best company in terms of money but with the best people is the best first experience one can ever ask for! I am happy to be able to know each of you all. 

Blessed.
I miss you all.





Work family.
Always the best company.

No comments:

Post a Comment