Quota ♥

There are things we don't want it to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn and people we can't live without but have to let go.

YunzStudies: #Australia (Part 20)

Sandy winds // Beachy waves.


I have to warn you first, that this is going to be a 3-day post cut into one. Which I will try my best to cut it as short as possible but yet getting my point across. My story, actually. This was supposed to be last month but I just had a few post on queue that I figure this could wait. And why was I separating my photos in so many parts?

Anyways, the long awaited day has arrived. Bruny Tripping! 

Day 1 - The arrival and the surveying.







Bruny Field Trip! It was a class field trip to the southern part of Tasmania, on an island for their famous Bruny Neck - that thin strip of land that will cease to exists in another few hundred years time. We embarked on this trip for the first assignment on the 22nd-24th July and I was super thrilled! Because I get to go to a tourist-sy spot in the midst of class! Heh~!










We took the opportunity to visit one of Australia's local Architect's work on Bruny - The Shearers's Quarters House. You can read more about it here. It's something, there, not there. That's all I would say about it, for now. It's the colour-coded books that really left me in awe when I stepped into the house! The time taken was just.. painstakingly OCD.


Tell me how pretty are these?!


The must-take photo of Bruny.

The pain for climbing all the way to the top.






Yeap. That way to the beach please. That was Cape Bruny Lighthouse, the southern part of South Bruny Island. We were there to survey the place for a suitable site for our upcoming assignment. The wind's a bitch. Really. Mr Rain wasn't nice that day as well.
The weather was on and off. The minute we were up the van proceeding to the next place, it rains and drizzles. The minute we stop and step out the van, it stops raining! We had a really tiring day and I went straight to dreamland when I hit the sack. Thank GOD I wasn't one of the early wakers to catch the low tide and sunrise the following morning! (Though I would love to!)

________________________________________________________________________________

Day 2 - Working/sightseeing day.

Had to start of with this dog here. Below. She's such a poser! Super lovely dog that followed us down to the nearby beach and back again!






Penguin trails!


To. Fro.
That's my footprints in the sand.






Don't ask.






Despite the on and off rainy weather the day before, today the skies cleared up to give us a lovely picnic weather throughout the entire day! It became quite warm that I was just strolling the beach with 2 layers on! Well, I had to wear my jacket back after I resided in the van after finishing my 50 Steps of Bruny along the proposed site.
One side of the shoreline is purely sand, fine, coarse, whatever type, with wind and rougher waves. The opposite would be a shoreline filled with some litters, calmer waves and plenty of seashells that cracks under your feet. 
Our group left early for we were done with our on-site analysis and took a pitstop at the Bruny Cheese Company. We had time to take a stroll down the nearby beach, where we stayed to catch a glimpse of Bruny's beauty. After that, it was time to set up some stuff for presentation later at night.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Day 3 - Farewell.






We all had to get up early to catch the early ferry back to the mainland of Tasmania, in order to catch our class later at 1PM. It was a spectacular sight to see the sun rising, the skies turn from a midnight blue to bright yellow, and some other colour afterwards. We stopped by some random cafe for coffee in Hobart, then it was straight back to Launceston for a car wash and petrol.
Unfortunately, the day didn't end so smoothly for our van. Whilst filling petrol for the van our classmate filled up the wrong petrol into the van's stomach! (It was supposed to be filled with diesel) Gawd! In the end we had to call for some other friends to pick us, got us to school just in time for the 2PM lecture, not the 1PM lecture though.
In the end, I guess it was a pleasant trip overall where I got to know more friends, and got to know some better. Can't let a small matter bring the entire mood of the trip down, right? =)  So that sums up the 3-Day trip. Lengthy but kudos to you if you managed to read it all the way through! Drop me a comment below if you really do finish reading it! 


If I could, I would. Return to Bruny, just to sit by the beach and enjoy the gentle breeze. Just make sure I'm back at Bruny during Summer. =)





Bitter Winter doesn't make you bitter.
A bitter heart does.

No comments:

Post a Comment