Quota ♥

There are things we don't want it to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn and people we can't live without but have to let go.

There's so much I want to say.

Definitely so much that not even this blog can fit! First of all, pictures are not ready so there will be no pictures here. I'll try to grab some from friends. *hunts*

First of all, it's already August. Soon, it'll be Christmas! =D That aside, July was full of sweetness! Well, most of the stuff are sweet except when it comes to assignments and projects. Presentation for our 2nd project fell on the 20th July, Wednesday. It was a long long day for everyone! Especially to those who had little sleep or none at all!

Work all pin up and ready to roll!

Presentation started at approximately 3PM. And it went on and on and on AND ON until 830PM! Gosh. We each have to wait for our turn to present our work and after that, we can't just leave. So everyone waited until 830PM to just be able to pack up and leave. I was so hungry and tired!


First presenter of the day!

Presentation was being critique by 3 lecturers, mainly our studio master and studio master's assistant, as well as our Architecture Head. Extra one would be each of us would take turns to critique our own friend's work as well. Names were called according to the name list. Pretty scary in the beginning to be the one critiquing friend's work, but it all soon became a norm.

So everything came to an end by 830PM and everyone was freaking hungry! Went to have dinner with a few mates and after that, I headed home. I was so tired that I was just too lazy to carry my model down from the car and into the house! Did that the next day though. =P

Next, it was a one day trip up to UTAR Kampar. Excited much! Field trip!! But sorry there would be no pictures to see from my lens unless you would like to Google UTAR Kampar. =P Although at a rural area, the campus was HUGE. A very nice place that we architecture students were asking can we make an immediate transfer to that campus to study? =P The lake view is awesome! After much walking around, and seeing the site, it was time to go back. Left KL UTAR Campus at 9AM, reached KL UTAR Campus by 6PM. Awesome eh~

After that, it was time to go on a 6-days educational trip to Sri Lanka! A land like no other! (That was their tag line) Sri Lanka is a nice place. I can't say very nice, but the places we visited were all designed by the famous Architect - Geoffery Bawa.

Panoramic view taken by Liang Tienson.

I'll hunt for some photos to be included here. A panoramic view of the beach taken by my friend. I love the beach so much that I can just stand there with the waves washing back and front on the shore, feeling the coolness of the water with both my feet, soaking in the sun, listening to the sound of the waves. I have definitely fallen in love with the ocean and the beach.


3-wheeler, or more known as Tuk-tuk.

I guess you can find that in Thailand as well. We had a chance to sit this cute little thing! I even got a little wooden sculpture of this tuk-tuk! =D It's like their taxis there. Or maybe it is! It was fun!

A classic Rolls Royce to feast your eyes on! =D

There's so many places we visited that I can't even keep track which place is which! To mention a few, it would be the Parliment of Sri Lanka, Bentota Beach Hotel, Bawa's Lunuganga's house, Bawa's office/home, The Blue Water Hotel, Lighthouse Hotel and many more. We were supposed to climb up the famous Lion Rock at Sigiriya but because we are running out of time, we can only view it from afar.


Geoffery Bawa's head.

Last but not least, it would be, so far, the only group picture that appeared on Facebook. The other one would be with one of my lecturer. Smiling brightly on the first day, but after 5 days, we were all exhausted, and just yearning to feel Malaysian soil again.

Happy faces!

If time allows, I would love to post about my Sri Lanka Trip. But for now, I need to be doing research.

Blah.
Sometimes I do dislike being a student.





It's time to let go and be free.

No comments:

Post a Comment