Quota ♥

There are things we don't want it to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn and people we can't live without but have to let go.

On the first day of Febuary my true love gave to me...


Before Chinese New Year arrives, I decided to make sure I capture as many photos as I can so that not only I can put into my album but also blog about it. So does this picture on the left make you feel hungry? I hope it does, because before we step into this Xuan Xin restaurant, let's journey through how I got there. Journey back to The Pearl of the Orient was a smooth ride. I practically slept all the way! Well, not all the way but once my father hit the highway, I just went to sleep. And when we arrived at the Juru toll, I had to stop myself from falling back to sleep. So first stop, father's old friend's watch shop located along Penang Road.
















Best of all, a few doors away from the famous Penang Road Cendol! :D

Yum Yum! On my father's friend's tab. How nice. :D From the stall to the watch shop. We don't have to walk there just to have it. Not that I mind walking. After that, we proceed to my grandmother's house to rest. But no rest at all. We unloaded the car, and then went out for lunch.

We headed to the mall nearby, which was Gurney Plaza to meet up with my aunt and uncle for lunch. It was a dizzy ride up the multi-storey carpark and found a tight spot for the car. Then I spotted this as soon as we stepped through the door to the shopping mall.

Seriously? Clinic Cafe? And to thought having a Toilet Restaurant was the worse. (Or maybe toilet is far worse than clinic) So, of course I had to take a picture. The interior, which I did not take a picture, reminds you of the wards and hospital beds. I wonder how's the food there like. o.O


Then we went to this Xuan Xin restaurant for lunch. Now I hope you are hungry. Because I have a few photos of yummy food all lined up for you to drool to. >D

Xuan Xin Restaurant.
Had to queue to get a place.


First dish to arrive. Xiu Bak. Or rather known as Siu Yuk in Cantonese. My favourite! YUMMEH! :D



*crunch*crunch*


Spicy long beans with shrimps.


Black Bean Venison.


Prawns with Garlic.


Don't-know-what-taufu.


Salted chicken.


Spinach soup.


Did all those make you drool? :D So after lunch, we went round doing sort of a last minute CNY shopping. Very sadly I did not get anything. I was pretty down but I guess I'll over come that sadness. The decoration at Gurney Plaza was quite nice.

Very red pink very nice horr... :D

Then for dinner, it's steamboat! Yum! Have to book, if not you won't get a place! An old place that we use to go there to eat. When I was young. I don't really remember times spent there but at least I remember the place.

Steamboat babeh! :D


The amount of food. Not to mention, there was a plate of noodles after we finished those food. Oooof. I was stuffed!


See, this was just the first round! There were, who knows, how many rounds. That's how steamboat is. You just put the food into the pot to cook. Take it out, put another round, and eat what you took out from the pot. :)



The place is call Golden Gate. :)


I guess you can say I put on weight after coming back from Penang. ^^ Well, it's back to exercise once again after this CNY. Who can resist the food that's laid out in front of you during this festive season? :D

1 comment: