Quota ♥

There are things we don't want it to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn and people we can't live without but have to let go.

完整

Weather's getting hotter everyday! When it rains, it's still humid! Oh wells, I love the sun anyways. :) I should be packing my stuff right this moment but I guess, it's been quite some time since I have blogged. The last time I blogged, I was ranting about my University life, ain't it? About being an architecture student and what not. Here's some photos on my recent work. Pardon me as it is not my best.

Showing you my works for this semester (Jan-Apr 2012) through my portfolio.

My favourite architect presentation.
For me,  I chose one of the great masters of the 20th Century - Frank Lloyd Wright.

Next would be Project 1 - City Kindergarten/Childcare Centre.
It's not my best work, but I feel an improvement with myself.

 

Project 2 sees us develop our own design from Project 1.
Develop into submission drawings and 2 blow-up details.
Project 2 - Submission and Construction Drawings.




I only show one page. Can't show all, if not to see every page I bet your eyes also tired. Hahah~
Next would be the final project of the semester which actually runs parallel with Project 2.
Project 3 - Mid-rise Residential Development.





That sums up my whole semester, everything placed into those few pages of my portfolio. The hard work that we all put into design work. The blood and sweat, tears and pain, the sleepless nights, brain wrecking situation, the stress and pressure that we all went through, in the end, it all comes back to ourselves. Did we do our best? Did we improve? Did we manage to push ourselves up to a higher level? It's not all about trying to impress others with our designs, or even trying to surpass others with good grades. To me, it's about learning, and making sure that you have done what you want yourself to do, to make sure that with every step you take, there is always an improvement.

I feel that we are all here to learn, and not to be better than others. I might not have a best designs to give a W.O.W. factor to others, or even give a good presentation to sell my ideas, but I know that I made progress, and I am proud that I know, deep down inside me, that I still have plenty of room for improvement. :) To me, I did myself proud by making an improvement that I never thought I could do.

Now, why worry about tomorrow when tomorrow hasn't arrive? I was worried when my lecturer said that some failed design. When someone fail design subject, it means that you'll be doing the same projects all over again and it means that you will be graduating later. But then I thought about it, why should I worry? Even if I have failed, and I have to do the projects again, at least I know, I have done all I could for this semester to show that I am capable of being hardworking and produce quality work. 

Here's a short story that I would like to share. It's titled "Water the rose within." Click HERE for the full story. :) Enjoy~!


 Thank you to both my lecturers for this semester, Miss Foo Hui Ping as well as Ar. Lee Chor Wah for the guidance and advice. 


PS: title of the blog is a Chinese song title that I was listening to at the moment when I started typing.




The truth is that life is delicious, horrible, charming, frightful, sweet, bitter, and that is everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment