Quota ♥

There are things we don't want it to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn and people we can't live without but have to let go.

Architecture 101 : 1

I just suddenly feel like blogging. I was searching to see whether I had the book I was searching for and I found my book on 101 things I learned in Architecture school. Interesting book that I have yet to flip through. Have got many books but sometimes I'm just plain lazy. :X Now to share it with the world is another thing. Here goes nothing! :D



Number 1 : How to draw a line.

1) Architects use different lines for different purposes, but the line type most specific to architecture is drawn with an emphasis at the beginning and at the end.This practice anchors a line to the page and gives a drawing conviction and punch. If your lines trail off at the ends, your drawings will tend to look wimpy and vague. To train yourself to make strong lines, practice making a small blob or kickback at the beginning and end of every stroke.

2) Overlap lines slightly where they meet. This will keep corners from looking inappropriately rounded.

3) When sketching, don't "feather and fuzz" your way across the page - that is, don't make a vague-looking line out of many short, overlapping segments. Instead, move your pencil from start to end in a controlled, fluid motion. You might find it helpful to draw a light guide line before drawing your final line. Don't erase your guide lines when the drawing is complete - they will lend it character and life.




Now back to work. Another one tomorrow. :)





From 101 Things I Learned in Architecture School by Matthew Frederick.

No comments:

Post a Comment