Quota ♥

There are things we don't want it to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn and people we can't live without but have to let go.

Maybe Baby.

I did not know what I read in books are real. I always thought that the author has a very creative mind to write such interesting books. Before Twilight turns up in my life, that was what I thought. Boy, how I was wrong! Even Stephanie Meyer did her research on the locations of Forks. And now to prove me even more in fault, I just finished a book titled 'Maybe Baby' by Lani Diane Rich. Have you heard of the word 'Kakapo' before? Big. Flightless. New Zealand.


I always used to think that authors tend to come up with different, unique names for the story they are writing, little did I know that writing a book takes a lot of research. Ah yes. I AM wrong! Not like I'm trying to write a book. I can never succeed anyway. So, I actually found a very interesting fact from this book I have read!

Kakapo is actually a real parrot, in real peril. Native to Newzealand, this unique and fascinating bird now has a worldwide population of only 86. - from Maybe Baby (Lani Diane Rich) 2005.
Kakapo, also called owl parrot, is a species of flightless nocturnal parrot endemic to New Zealand. - from Wikipedia

First, the book is interesting. I love books that have a thrill to it while you are reading. Second, I learnt about Kakapo. :) See. A good thing to read. I love reading, and I never put a book down once I started, besides short trips to relieve myself. ;)

You people can really search the word Kakapo up. But I'll make your life easier by giving you the link here. I did my research. (click HERE). You can find everything you need about the flightless bird, Kakapo, that's close to extinction. Or of course, just bring your cursor to every single word of Kakapo mentioned in this post, click on the word and it will bring you to the same site I did my research on. Wikipedia has not yet to fail me.



Besides that, if you want to know how to save a Kakapo, or learn more about them, click HERE.

That's all I can say here. I hope this helps to enlighten you up ass it does enlighten me about this species of bird. I don't know about the smell of the bird though but as described in the story book, I assumed it to be true as well, which says that the bird has a pleasant and powerful odour, which has been described as musty. x) I can't imagine.









124 left.



Save them.

No comments:

Post a Comment