Quota ♥

There are things we don't want it to happen but have to accept, things we don't want to know but have to learn and people we can't live without but have to let go.

The good and bad.

I can't help it but to just realised that I have not really written anything decent about myself, my opinions or my life. So I decided to make my brain think on all the things that I have done as well as all the things that has happened within this year. I mean, this has been a good year for me. (I honestly have vague memories of high school, except for those activities moments which I miss dearly.)

Okays. Minus my high school out. That was like... 3 years ago? It's been quite some time since I left high school. I can say that I changed alot since then. Especially during the transition from Standard 6 to Form 1. That was a drastic change. A total tomboy I was back then, but a quiet one. Then Form 1 comes calling, I turned into a monstrous bitch. Oh wait. Why am I talking about my high school years? I guess it's because my high school years have some thing to do with how and who I am right now.


University life!


Easier said than done. It brings back so many memories. In the beginning of the year, I was so unsure of what I was going to study. So many doubts, but not in life. I went in, and finally got used to Uni life.

I settled down, got to know a few friends which turns out to be the greatest friends of all times. First semester was just the beginning of Uni life.


Where all the hard work pours in for studies. Where we had fun in Building Material class.


Then I had myself joined the orientation committee for the upcoming May Intake 2009. I met more new friends, learn a few things from seniors, be more independent and of course, have fun at the same time.


It was a wonderful experience which also at the same time, widen up my social circle.


Second semester was a blast. Classes were as usual in full swing but I was slacking. Everyone was about the same. All the laziness starts to come back. We were all being really relax which ended in a slightly bad results for everyone. In this semester, I have also got to known a few juniors, namely those that came in during the May Intake, as well as pulling me closer to my friends, one by one.


We even had more outings.



Trips to the Hot Spring was one to remember.




As well as our Site Surveying Practicals which puts us under the hot hot sun!

Honestly, I can't even remember what sad times or bad times I had already. All because I know that I am happy being with my Uni friends. So happy that I missed them dearly during a 3-week semester break. I remember waiting impatiently for the third semester to start because I was dying to see them all!


Third semester was a short one, an AWESOME semester which passes real darn fast! Our friend Martin Lai has already seem like a part of our group - the January Intake group. He practically mixed with us somewhere in the middle of the second semester and got closer until he hangs out with us every lunch time as well as during our outings! Another member to our BIG family! :D


Only 2 subjects to juggle, we were quite free which leaves us wandering around looking for stuff to fill up that empty space. Which got us started on sports all thanks to Martin Lai. :) Which also got us all hanging out more. (Which got me into some trouble with myself. x)) Yet I am the happiest now to have friends like them to be hanging out with. :)


All in all, 2009 has been a good year for me. It's the beginning of my Uni life. It's the beginning where for once, I am having fun and feeling happy, without a care about the other side of my world.



In one year,

I learnt to enjoy life more, to the fullest.

I learnt to be more open-minded, more giving.

I know I have changed in different ways.

My family issues has yet to be dissolved.

I learn to love everyone better.

I've made new friends that I know will stick together through thick and thin.

I grew more mature in a certain way only I can tell

I even grew more noisier and loud, thanks for being outgoing.

Despite the tears I shed, the number of times I fell, I am still growing strong.

I have found a part of me and still trying to find out the rest of who I really am.

I am always thriving to be better than who I was yesterday.

I learn to LOVE myself more.


I can tell that some people will tend to hate me for me being such a bitch during high school, but when you grow up you learn to stop caring about all that - May-Zhee Lim. You just stop caring about what people say about you and be yourself.

Now it's time to make New Year's Resolution, but I never stick to my New Year's resolution. Never for once, did I fulfil it. Maybe I should give it a try just one more time. Anybody with me?





I read a post about Things by May-Zhee Lim. (Click HERE to view)
that inspired me to write this long-winded post of mine.




Happy New Year people!
I HEART you all out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment